|What is a RETREAT?
At Nueva Vida we believe our retreats are the lifeblood of the
ministry. It is a time to withdraw from the pressures of the outside
world and experience our own personal Pentecost(ACTS Ch 2).
Our retreats consist of 3 components:
1. The physio-biological effects of drugs and alcohol on the
individual and family unit.
2. Bible based lectures designed to facilitate or establish an intimate
relationship with Jesus Christ
3. Healing through the power of praise, worship, and prayer.
The retreats typically begin on a Friday evening at a designated
retreat house or church and conclude on a Sunday Afternoon with
the celebration of the mass. The retreat house event is usually a
sleep over with family members encouraged to participate and
provide support for the addict and/or co-dependent.
Over the last 15 years, families have been healed and transformed
by the power of the Holy Spirit at our retreats. In addition we have
enjoyed the invaluable support from the counseling community at
Some guidelines concerning the retreat:
1. No drugs or alcohol allowed. If drugs are found on the person
they will be asked to leave.
2. A commitment to be there all 3 days(no exceptions)
4. Retreats are co-ed
|Our Next Retreat:
What to Bring:
All meals will be provided.
|For more information contact